ETAS Library Book of the Month
Discover the treasures of the largest private ELT-resource in Switzerland.
Our pick of the month of April
Five-Minute Activities: A Resource Book of Short Activities, Penny Ur & Andrew Wright, 117 pages, 1992 (Cambridge University Press)
Penny Ur & Andrew Wright
Five-Minute Activities is an invaluable source of ideas for language teachers. It contains resources of over 130 short activities for the language classroom: some are well-tried favourites clearly restated, others are new ideas or variations.
Teachers will find activities which can be used to:
* help learners to learn or practise particular aspects of language
* help students and teacher to get to know each other
* provide a smooth transition between two major parts of a lesson
* supplement a coursebook
* introduce or round off lessons.
The activities are designed to combine learning value with interest and enjoyment. Most of them can be adapted to suit classes of different levels of ability, and in many cases there are additional suggestions for variations or extensions of the basic activity. Almost all the activities can be student-led.
Order it today- together with two other books out of our catalogue!
ETAS Library info
Items can be borrowed from the ETAS Library for 23 days.
Six mailings cost CHF 35.-
- A maximum of 3 items (including any accompanying books, CDs, etc.) will be shipped per order. However, you are welcome to give additional titles in case one is currently out on loan. Titles that are not sent will be disregarded. Priority goes to items 1, 2, 3 in the order form.
- If a book you wanted is out on loan, a form will be sent to you enabling you to reserve the missing book, should you still require it. The book will then be sent to you when it is returned to the library.
- To request an extension, please contact ETAS Administration before the return-by date, quoting the title, ID number and return-by date of the borrowed items. If the books have not been reserved by another member, you will be given a new return-by date.
- This service is only available to current ETAS members with an address in Switzerland.
When you you browse through the complete catalogue to find items, you will see they are listed within categories of items too (they are grouped under the column "Type"). There is a navigation pane on the left-hand side with hyperlinks to the various categories. [NOTE: The most recently added books are also highlighted in the catalogue in yellow!]
You can also use the search function in your PDF viewing application (e.g. Adobe Reader) to find the item(s) you want. The search button is often the one with a pair of binoculars, and/or it may be accessible through a menu.
When you have found an item you want:
Note its ID and title.
After you successfully submit the form, you will see a confirmation page. You should receive a maximum of three items by normal post a few days later.
Is the item you want not in the catalogue?
If the item you want is not in the catalogue, ETAS may be able to acquire it for the library. Please send your suggestions to the Library Sub-Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to include:
- the book title(s)
- publisher and
- any comments you may have.
Online ordering from the Library is only available to Priority Users (see above information about payment). However, members who use the library infrequently may download the order form as pdf, complete it, and mail with CHF 7.– in Swiss Postage Stamps, to ETAS Administration, Im Hubel 3, 6210 Sursee. download pdf