Last January, the ETAS membership voted to convert the ‘COVID’ fund to a ‘Hardship Fund’ in order to help members in need to continue to be involved with ETAS. The Executive Committee are pleased to announce they have now outlined the details of this process. Members who are in financial difficulty and wish to request help (to renew their membership, attend the ETAS conference and/or fund their transport to a conference) are invited to use the form below.
Have you recently fallen on hard times and find it (financially) difficult to attend ETAS events?
Would you like to join ETAS but don’t have sufficient income to pay your membership?
Would you like to renew your membership but simply can’t afford it?
Would you like to come to an event by public transport as per the ETAS sustainability position, and you can’t afford it?
If you answer one (or more) of the questions above with ‘yes’, and live in Switzerland, then the Hardship Fund is for you.
TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN ETAS
- Network with other ETAS members and become known amongst your peers
- Hear about unadvertised jobs opportunities
- Speak directly with ESL/EFL publishers to learn about their latest materials
- Volunteer as an ETAS Ambassador: utilize and develop non-teaching skills to make an invaluable contribution to our Swiss community of English teachers
- Attend national ETAS and international IATEFL conferences at discounted rates
- Discover career development paths offered through our institutional members
- Learn through ongoing teacher exchange workshops and webinars
- Explore various ESL/EFL sectors by joining ETAS’s special interest groups
- Self-develop through reading “members only” Journals and Newsletters, writing for our world-renowned ETAS Journal and by participating in our active Facebook groups
- Gain access to past workshop presentations, journals, book reviews online and borrow books from the largest EFL library in Switzerland and much more …
ETAS offers three types of membership
Click the buttons for the details of each membership type and to sign up!
Individual membership is open to all individuals interested in ELT and includes voting rights. Individual members receive all regular ETAS publications, access to members-only content on the ETAS website and invitations to ETAS events. Members may also apply for a basic IATEFL membership at a reduced rate.
School membership is open to ELT institutions and includes voting rights. We offer three types of school memberships. All types receive two copies of the ETAS Journal and can send delegates at member rates to our events.
Associate membership is open to ELT publishers, booksellers and other commercial bodies and does not include voting rights. Associate members receive one copy of the ETAS Journal. Two representatives may attend ETAS events at member rates. Only associate members may purchase and use the membership list for commercial purposes.