29th Annual Conference and AGM 2013 – Sierre
Excerpt from Ian McMaster’s Blog – An inspirational mess
“Some 300 teachers and trainers gathered this past weekend in the Swiss town of Sierre to discuss the latest developments in their profession. The topics ranged from English in primary schools to the world of business, including the presentation that I gave with Martin Beck of MONDIALE-Testing on the needs of learners of technical English.
Sierre (Siders in German) lies on the border between the French and German-speaking parts of Switzerland. The event, the 29th AGM and Convention of ETAS (the English Teachers Association, Switzerland), was, as always, highly-impressive, both for its organization and its content. One has to take one’s hat off to the professional dedication of teachers who spend the whole weekend indoors when outside the conditions are perfect for winter sports of all sorts. As the French (and other continental Europeans) say: Chapeau!”
Read the full Blog entry HERE
Materials from the keynotes and workshops:
- Tim Murphey – From curiosity to challenge in life and ELT
- Marion Williams – Developing thinking in Young Learners
- Anita Towers – Creating lessons with multiple goals
- Roy Bicknell – Oblique strategies, tools for the classroom
- Christina Kwok – The multicultural classroom, are you ready for it?
You must be logged in to view the workshop descriptions and slides.