ETAS Journal invites submissions for its Special Supplement on Drama and Theater in Education Spring Edition 2018.
Do you work with drama and/or theatre in your English language lessons? Researchers and teacher practitioners are invited to share examples of “best practice”, such as (success) stories, a favourite lesson or drama in education method, an aha-moment or challenge experienced in class, or, for example, an action research report.
The ETAS Journal Spring 2018 edition Special Supplement will explore the use and place of drama and theatre in a wide variety of classrooms, from kindergarten to university: We are excited to get a glimpse of how teachers and researchers integrate drama and/or theatre into their practice.
Share your story as an article by May 31st 2017.
Submissions should be in one of these formats:
Full-length articles: Articles in this category advance conceptual, research-based, or theoretical arguments that bridge theory and practice in Drama in Education (DiE) and Theatre in Education (TiE). Articles must be fully grounded in current literature and should not exceed 2,500 words, including references.
Best practices and teacher reflections: Articles in this category feature descriptions of teaching techniques or activities, teaching methods, best practices, professional development, and other useful information. Articles should specify audience, materials, procedures, and teacher reflections on procedures. Submissions to this section should not exceed 2,000 words, including references.
Specific requirements on content: Articles must
- include a brief, 50-word abstract
- not include ‘commercial’ text selling, promoting, or endorsing products or services
- be written as a MS Word document and sent as email attachment, including a short biographical information about the author and mailing address
Specific requirements on format: Articles must
- be printed across A4 pages upright and left justified, as Word document in a black, 12-point font such as Times New Roman or Arial
- not be in columns, indented, or framed
- have no hyphenated words at the line end
- include only tables and diagrams formatted in Word (other illustrative material should be sent separately by mail and be black on white)
- not contain headers or footers
Specific requirements on references
- For notes within the text, use the APA 6th Edition Reference Style in-text citations format (author-publication date-page number), not footnotes or endnotes
- Sources used as in-text citations should be included in the Reference List.
- For the references, use APA 6th Edition Reference Style Guide. Sample formats for both in-text citations and references are available online at http://owll.massey.ac.nz/referencing/apa-interactive.php or check an recent editions of ETAS Journal.
- Sources included in the Reference List must match those that have been cited in-text.
Please send your submission as a Word document by email attachment by May 31st 2017. Please include a very brief abstract, a short biodata, and a mailing address. Contributors will receive one complimentary copy of the ETAS Journal.
For any queries please contact the Special Supplement Editors. We would love to hear from you!
Eva Göksel (email@example.com)
Nicole Küpfer (firstname.lastname@example.org)